30 Day Project -- To Be Completed April 25
-- Brief one paragraph outline of project
* The project will consist of training reporters and editors throughTwitter and Facebook sessions to establish how-to’s, best practices, and centralized metrics platform using Tweetdeck and bit.ly.
* Details on stages (phase 1, 2, 3, etc. or 7 days, 14 days, 21 days, etc.)
Week one: Installation of software, accounts on computers. Compilation of initial data for comparison purposes later.
Week two: Training sessions. One with editors for Facebook; one with reporters in Community Media Lab room, with video recorded for those who missed it and for Lab partners.
* Week three: Execution of learned skills.
* Week four: Troubleshooting; improving; re-execution. Measuring metrics.
-- Resources available to you for this project (details and include tech, talent, staff, etc.)
* IT needs to (be told to) install and update computers, as computers need admin privileges to even update software.
-- Resources needed:
How-To’s from previous webinars or any other resource already used in JRC
IT needs to install Tweetdeck. I need to give Guild two-weeks notice to change schedules.
-- Metrics (how will you measure success of this program, training, etc.)
Bit.ly metrics (to see who’s clicking on what so we can tweak our practices).
Follower/following numbers (and quality).
-- Scale (how can you spread this beyond your initial beta group)
Cheat sheets, once success is achieved.
-- Include additional narrative as needed
NEW TOOL I DON’T KNOW:
Using OutWit Hub (“ a cool FireFox addon that allows you to extract any web page information and export it to our favorite Excel for easier management and organization.”) I want to use that information in the Excel document and use http://batchgeo.com/ to make a map.